CODE OF ETHICS
It shall be the ideal, the resolve, and the duty of each member of the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Optometrists to:
- Accept the oculo-visual welfare of patients as their primary concern.
- Promote high standards of oculo-visual care of mankind in every possible way.
- Render services with equal diligence to all patients, regardless of race, creed, gender or economic status.
- Consult freely with colleagues and members of other professions whenever such consultations are in the best interests of patients.
- Seek continued growth of professional skill and knowledge, so that patients may receive the full benefit of advances in the art and science of oculo-visual care.
- Share professional knowledge and experience with colleagues so that all may benefit.
- Hold in confidence any and all information concerning patients and use such information only for the benefit of patients.
- Maintain the dignity, honour and integrity of the profession of optometry at all times.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Have a question or comment for us? Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.