The NLAO is the professional association that represents doctors of optometry in Newfoundland and Labrador. Our mission is to foster excellence in the delivery of vision and eye health services through information, programs, and services that promote and enhance optometric care.
During the COVD 19 Crisis, if you are experiencing an urgent vision care problem, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you with a list of Eye Doctors seeing patients.
CODE OF ETHICS
It shall be the ideal, the resolve, and the duty of each member of the
Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Optometrists to:
- Accept the oculo-visual welfare of patients as their primary concern.
- Promote high standards of oculo-visual care of mankind in every possible way.
- Render services with equal diligence to all patients, regardless of race, creed, gender or economic status.
- Consult freely with colleagues and members of other professions whenever such consultations are in the best interests of patients.
- Seek continued growth of professional skill and knowledge, so that patients may receive the full benefit of advances in the art and science of oculo-visual care.
- Share professional knowledge and experience with colleagues so that all may benefit.
- Hold in confidence any and all information concerning patients and use such information only for the benefit of patients.
- Maintain the dignity, honour and integrity of the profession of Optometry at all times.
Objectives of the NLAO are to:
Promote and advance optometric arts and sciences in all their branches, to include the knowledge skill standard and proficiency of its members in the practice of optometry and to maintain the honour and integrity of the optometric profession.
Aid in the furtherance of measures designed to improve vision and prevent visual impairment and disability
Co-operate with and assist public and private optometric associations, agencies and commissions engaged in the task of providing or financing optometric care.
Promote measures designed to improve standards of eye care and the practice of optometry.
Improve the welfare and social standards of its members and encourage the cooperation of its members in the protection of their legal and equitable rights
The NLAO and it’s members are bound by the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA); a health-sector specific privacy law that establishes rules that custodians of personal health information must follow when collecting, using and disclosing individuals’ confidential personal health information. PHIA also sets out the rights of residents of the province regarding obtaining access to and exercising control of their personal health information.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD SEE THIS SITE?
SHARE OUR SITE:
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Have a question or comment for us? Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.